Skip to main content

31. ยกโทษให้ผม/ฉันนะ[yók tôht hâi pŏm/chăn na] : Do Forgive Me Please.

สวัสดีครับ sa wat dee khrup

How are you?

“Learn Thai by Sentences” is the blog for you, learn Thai language free with me, Michael Leng,

I'm Thai. I work for the private company. I love to study English in my free time. What about you? Do you want to learn Thai? If you say so, you will able to read and learn Thai with me right here, “Learn Thai by Sentences”.

As you may know that Bangkok, Thailand's capital city, is the top place people come to visit. Therefore, many Thai people have prepared themselves to welcome all guests to their country, including me, I would like to do something for everyone who want to learn Thai.

Today, I'm going to teach you how to say in Thai some sentences such as:

"Forgive Me"

How do Thai people say when they want anyone to forgive them?

Right, today I am going to teach you the sentence begging for forgiveness.

Sponsored link

Here we go.

If you are male, you say:

ยกโทษ ให้ ผม นะ
yók tôht hâi pŏm na
Do forgive me please.

On the other hand, if you are female, you say this below sentence instead:

ยกโทษ ให้ ฉัน นะ
yók tôht hâi chăn na
Do forgive me please.

However, you may have heard the sentence almost similar to the previous one. It is:

ยกโทษ ให้ กู นะ
yók tôht hâi goo na
Do forgive me please.

ฉัน [chan] is a pronoun for woman.

ผม [pŏm] is for man to use.

กู[goo] is a pronoun of Thai, is used by the both gender, woman and man.

Attention! 

กู[goo] was a common word to use as pronoun of the first-person(a speaker) hundred years ago. Today it, กู[goo] = I; me, is sometimes used by Thais when talking with close friends only. 

However, in almost any other context, particularly a vigorous quarrel, it is offensive and only used as an insult to the listener. 

The word for the second-person, which is severed as same as level, is มึง [meung], - a similarly offensive word for 'you'.

As a foreigner, you had better only know what they,-never use them.

Hope from now on, you will know the way to say if you know nothing about anything, you should to say as I have posted in this article today.

Is it cleared enough for you?

Next lesson, find how to give a response to the word we just have learned today.

แล้วพบกันใหม่ครับ
Bye,
Michael Leng

Michael Leng is Thai, has a BA in Hotel management from Ramkhamhaeng University. He had worked for some hotels. Currently he works in logistics field, Bangkok, Thailand. Because of loving in English,  he has written some his own blogs in English-he really wants any feedback about his English he has posted.

To listen the pronounce click this link and then follow by click on the speaker symbol: ยกโทษให้ฉันนะ

คำศัพท์(kam sàp) | Vocabulary
ออกเสียง(òk-sĭang) | Pronunciation
คำแปล(kam bplae) | Translate
กู goo Personal Pronoun, Impolite & Potentially offensive I ; me
ฉัน chăn Pronoun I, me: Commonly used by females (Occasionally, monks and men might use it too).
นะ na particle used to make a sentence seem softer, more persuasive or less abrupt
ผม pŏm Personal Pronoun: I ; me (used by men only)
ยกโทษ yók tôht Verb [to] forgive ; pardon ; let off
ให้ hâi Verb [to] let ; have (someone to do something)

Read more articles:

Comments

  1. So you mean that กู[goo] and มึง[meung] was commonly used in the old day of Thai? Currently never use it, because they are rude.Am I right?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Are you Thai?" : "คุณ เป็น คนไทย หรือเปล่า" | Learn How to speak Thai with the "Learn Thai By Sentences" Blog

Hi! Everyone. My name is Michael Leng. Today, I'm going to teach you about Thai sentences making a question and answer such as: "Are you Thai?" Thai kids in countryside My article consists of 3 parts. In the first part, I'll describe how to use the sentence for asking some questions.  Then, I'll tell you the sentence aswer to the question as a reply in the affirmative from and after that, I'll move on to how to say in Thai for the reply in the negative form. Tab:  Learn Pure Thai FB Tab:  Excel Tips & Tricks Now let's start with the sentence asking "Are you ...?" คุณ เป็น คนไทย หรือเปล่า khun bpen kontai rĕu bplào Are you Thai?  คุณ เป็น คนจีน หรือเปล่า khun bpen konjeen rĕu bplào Are you Chinese?  คุณ เป็น คนอเมริกัน หรือเปล่า khun bpen kon à-may-rí-gan rĕu bplào Are you American?  คุณ เป็น คนลาว หรือเปล่า khun bpen kon laao rĕu bplào Are you Laotian? คุณ เป็น คนมาเลเซีย หรือเปล่า khun bpen kon maa-lay-sia

See You Soon in Thai. แล้วพบกันอีกเร็วๆนี้ / แล้วพบกันอีกในไม่ช้า | Learn Thai

Hello, สวัสดี(Sà-wàt-dee) , I'm Michael Leng, I'm Thai. Now, I'm going to teach you Thai sentence to say when you are about to leave somebody and you hope to come back to see them soon. " See you soon " in Thai Yes, that's word is: " แล้วพบกันอีกเร็วๆนี้ " Today's sentence is for chatting in Thai when you want to say Thai phrase as “See you soon”, - equal to “ แล้วพบกันอีกเร็วๆนี้ ” or “ แล้วพบกันอีกในไม่ช้า ” The both Thai phrases above serve the same meaning as “See you soon”. Just memorize one of them or both. They are used very often for chatting in everyday life conversations. They will help you a lot in communicating with Thai people. Because, there are many Thai people cannot speak English. Hence , how well it is if you know some of Thai phrases, expressions,... that they will encourage you to stay, live..in Thailand and also help you to make some conversations and understand Thai better than ever. Find them in fully fo

33. Where Were You Born? : คุณเกิดที่ไหน | Learn Thai By Sentences Blog

สวัสดีครับ(Sawatdi krup) Hello, สบายดีมั๊ย(sa bai dee mai) How are you? I'm Michael Leng, today, I'm going to talk about some Thai sentences that they are to be used to make a question and answer. This is the core sentence for learning, let's start now below: "Where Were You Born?" in Thai “Learn Thai by Sentences” is the blog for you, anyone who fond learning Thai. And today I am going to teach you the sentence for making a question about place of birth-Where were you born? Sponsored link Here we go to into the ประโยคคำถาม[bprà-yòhk kam tăam]= Interrogative sentence below: คุณ เกิด ที่ ไหน pûak rao gèrt thi hnai Where were you born? To respond the Interrogative sentence above, if you are a man, you say: ผม เกิด ที่ กรุงเทพฯ pŏm gèrt thi grung tâyp I was born in Bangkok. If you are a woman, you reply with this sentence: ฉัน เกิด ที่ ลอนดอน chăn gèrt thi lon-don I was born in London. Here below are some more ประโยคคำถาม[bpr